Saturday 20 April 2013

brilliant start

Well and so it was a terrible begining. First day of writing and it all went to pot! I never got round to it! So today should I write 2 posts to try and make up for it? Doesnt quite cut it really. Still here goes............. Yesterday I spent the entire day trying to put products on the CPNP european cosmetics portal. I actually even managed to get banned from the support pages!! All because I told them the program was ridiculously difficult to use and sent them a screen dump of an error message only to have someone contact me saying the support people will not deal with me due to the tone of my question. Well why cant you just tell me the answer then???. Well honestly I really really did not mean or expect to upset anyone. Very touchy these government types. Makes me think its all true about faffing about when it comes to EU legislation etc. I got zero help but did manage to log several of my products tho no idea how to check if they are there and it looks like no one can be bothered to tell me where to find the database listing. I have read and re-read the useless manual they sent me since just about Christmas time and it just makes no sense at all. You actually have to log into 3 programs and finding your way from one to the other is it appears just a matter of trial and error or of luck. I still do not understand at all what exactly is meant to go on there. If I do not get it sorted by next july thats that for my soap making business. WE are off out in a minute to an event in Peterborough which may be good who knows. I am sitting drinking my tea waiting to let out my chickens and then we are off out. It is worrying though this new EU stuff cos if I get it wrong and we get fined it is likely we would have to sell the house to pay for it and that will mean the end to our world not just to my soap making business. The fines for getting it wrong are so huge and yet to pay an expert to put this stuff on their registeris impossible cos its thousands. What a scary thing to think really...........So this is a question indeed: Will the eventual ban which takes effect on July 11th 2013, on experimenting on animals for cosmetics mean small vegan businesses like mine cease to trade at all?

No comments:

Post a Comment