Wednesday 24 April 2013

At war with the mice

Well its started to get bit diaryish soooooooo I remember when I went to the allotment in the early morning last year. The sun was bright and shiny but not hot as yet. Early morning tends to be the best time I find. I hate the hot afternoon. Right now we need rain else we will have no crops at all. You cannot win in the UK. Lats year it was so dull I only got two red tomatoes all summer. Lots of green but it was pretty much a waste of time bothering to lant them. I have 14 this year tho the mice ate two in the night. They are protected in a workshop with a plastic roof so ok for now and lots of light from above. Found out the workshop has mice tho! I hate to kill something so I am going to try one of those sonic anti mice things that you just plug in and the sound gets rid of the mice. I have yet to find out if it will be too close to my hens tho. If they are made unhappy then obviously it willnot last long. Well off to try planting so stuff today. Not sure what yet but will see what gets put in I suppose. Time to start of the runner and french beans too about now. The weather feels good for that. The mice also broke into a cold frame last night and ate all my sweetcorn seeds. I am rubbish with sweetcorn at the best of toimes so this is not what I need. Have moved the pots to a higher place and planted more. The worst bit here is I had 5 healthy plants and they ate them as well as the seeds that had yet to germinate. I am at war with the mice!

No comments:

Post a Comment