Tuesday 14 May 2013

time to write again- council tax problems

I finally finished or at least got last years books up to dte yesterday. AND I got teh rest of my products on CPNP database. Of course I have yet to actually check them. Will do that later this week. After yesterday I really need a rest from horrible govt databases.

Well I am realy furious with my incompetant council tax. They wrote to say we had not paid and that if we get 3 reminders in a year they automatically take us to court. BUT WE HAVE PAID! AND we paid before their due date so I find it totally wrong that amagistrates court would charge us £60 to go to court when we have done nothing wrong. Apparently according to our Council tax letter that is the case.

Its because they kept charging us on the wrong date so we stopped the direct debits. We arranged to pay on 15th. they took it on 1st. Then we rearranged for 15th. They took it on 1st. Then we cancelled it completely and tried really hard to rearrange for 15th and again they got it wrong. The problem is each time they get it wrong we get charged by the bank for not having enough money to cover something. Anyway about October last year I got sick of this so I now just pay them on 15th every month and still we keep getting reminders which they send out on 19th or later saying we have not paid and if it carries on I will get charged by the court which is totally unfair. The Manager of Daventry Council who is completley incompetant apparently is called Alison Harris. I really wish next time she tries to harrass us she at least tries to check her records. The woman needs to be sacked. Anyway can you sue your local council for harrassment? If you can and this carries on I hope to find out.

I do not want to pay them by Direct debit cos they always get it wrong. Its us who keep getting charged cos they cannot do their job right. They got paid on time last month and yet they send us a reminder. If apparently we get sent 3 reminders they automatically send us a court order which will cost us £60 and obviously we are being harrassed and bullied here so they will of course send us them just to make their point even though we will have already paid on time and they will get paid on time every month so why do they keep harrassing us? Just because we do not want them to force direct debits on us? So then they can bully us? Why should be forced to pay by Direct debit if it does not suit us to do this? This is supposed to be a free country. Well thats a laugh! We are being bullied by Daventry Council tax office cos they are taking their jobs too far and using them to harrass honest people. Still whats new there?


No comments:

Post a Comment